All bookings are accepted on the following terms:
1. Longsands Lodge is a property managed and let by Longsands Properties Ltd (“The Agent”) acting as a booking agent on behalf of the property owner (“The Owner”). The letting arrangements (referred to in this document as “The Booking”) are made by The Agent on behalf of The Owner and the contractual relationship in connection with the letting will be between you (“The Customer”) and The Owner. The Agent is not and will at no time be party to that contract.
2. No contract exists until both of the following two conditions have been met in full:
2a. A full payment (if The Booking is due to commence within one calendar month of the date The Booking is made) for the entire Booking value (“The Rent”) otherwise a deposit of not less than 20% of The Rent is received as cleared funds by The Agent
2b. Confirmation of The Booking has been dispatched by The Agent to the Customer by email.
3. The Customer becomes liable for the balance of The Rent upon confirmation of The Booking and this must be paid in full no later than one calendar month before the commencement of the letting.
4. When a booking is received online through our payment gateway using a credit card, a banking surcharge (of 3% of The Booking value at the time of publishing but this rate is subject to change) will be added to the cost of the let by us to cover charges levied upon us by our bank. There is no charge for payment by Debit cards.
5. If The Customer wishes to cancel a booking for which they are contracted (a confirmed booking), when informed we, The Agent will do what we can to re-let the property and if we are successful, we will refund any payment made by you, less a £50 (plus VAT if applicable) administration fee. If we, The Agent are unable to re-let The Booking, The Booking is forfeit and the Customer remains liable to pay the balance of the full rent due by the due date. If the property is re-let at a discounted price then the difference in the reduced cost, due to cancellation, must be taken into account before the refund is made. Please note: Credit card charges are not refundable.
6. If it proves necessary for us to make a change in your holiday booking for any reason, including the unexpected withdrawal of the properties availability by The Owner, by overbooking or any other reason, we will endeavour to make an alternative booking for you or, failing this, we will refund to you any monies paid by you. Nevertheless, we shall be under no further obligation or liability in this respect, beyond the original value of The Booking.
7. Should you make any alterations to The Booking made by you in respect to changes to dates or property, this will incur an administration charge of £30 (plus VAT if applicable).
8. Website accuracy. To the best of our knowledge the details provided by The Owner relating for the Property/Properties described in this website are correct at the time of inputting. Property descriptions and prices may be subject to change. If any material inaccuracies or price changes in any published description of the Property are brought to our attention, we shall endeavour to correct them in future publications and inform the Customer. The Agent reserves the right to amend any inaccuracies including description, services and pricing. If the alterations prove unacceptable to the Customer then we will endeavour to arrange alternative accommodation or if this is not agreeable or possible for whatever reason, then a full refund of monies paid will be given. The Agent is not liable for any extra costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid for by the Customer. The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website.
9. No person in The Agent’s employment has any authority to make or give any binding representation or warranty whatsoever in respect of any accommodation or otherwise.
10. Keys must be collected from and returned to the key holder or designated location, as advised to the Customer by email at the point of the final payment of The Booking being received by The Agent. Please note: In the event that keys to the property are lost during your booking you the Customer will be liable for the cost of providing replacement keys and a call out charge may levied, payable at the time of replacement.
11. The Booking is for the number of persons stated at the time of The Booking only and must not exceed this number, unless agreed in writing by The Agent and then only up to the maximum occupancy of the property. In the event that the maximum number is exceeded without prior consent, The Owner has the right to revoke The Booking without refund or, in the event this is discovered following guests’ departure, then The Owner has the right to charge an additional amount to cover costs.
12. You must not assign or part with the possession of the property or any part of it, or anything contained in the property or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on The Booking form.
13. You must ensure that no endeavours or activities occur at or around the property at any time during your booking which:
13a. May be considered a nuisance or inconvenience to the authorities and/or occupiers of neighbouring or adjoining property or
13b. Adversely affect any insurance of the property and also ensure that the floors are not overloaded.
14. The Customer must allow the Property Owner or his representative/s with reasonable notice access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of The Booking.
15. The customer is wholly responsible for any damage caused to the property and/or its contents including furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects that occur during The Booking. In the event of any such breakages or damage to the property or its contents occurring during The Booking, it is the Customers responsibility to inform The Agent immediately by email or telephone. Where practical, the Customer should make every effort to repair any damage to an appropriate standard and/or replace any damaged articles with an article of similar type and value, the appropriateness to be evaluated and agreed by The Owner or The Agent at the time of the repair/replacement. If this is not possible, any damage or breakage should be reported immediately to The Agent by email or telephone and paid for by the Customer before departure.
16. The Customer must keep the Property and all its furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of repair, condition and cleanliness it was found at the commencement of The Booking.
17. The Owner reserves the right to levy additional charge(s) for any extra cleaning required after the Customer’s occupancy, including any reasonable consequential losses so created.
18. The Owner reserves the right to make a financial claim against the Customer for repairs or loss/damage identified following The Booking which were not notified to The Agent during The Booking and/or not paid for as a result of damage caused.
19. On occasions The Owner may request a refundable damage deposit. Where a refundable damage deposit is required by The Owner, this deposit is to be paid at the final balance stage as a separate amount and this amount will then be refunded within 5 working days from departure day, following The Owners’/cleaners’ inspection. The Owner shall be entitled to deduct from this deposit the cost of remedying any breaches of your obligations.
20. Complaints – If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday home, then this should immediately be reported to The Owner or The Agent. The Agent accepts no liability for remedying any complaint, but will refer the complaint to The Owner. Complaints which are not reported immediately, will not be entertained subsequently and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
This Complaints clause is without prejudice to any course of action the Customer may have against the Property Owner.
21. Force majeure – No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by The Agent or the Property Owner, where the Customer or his personal property (and/or any person in the Customer’s party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by The Agent or the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by any event which The Agent or the Property Owner could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of international borders, disease, none availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control or The Agent of the Property Owner.
22. We are a dog friendly property, the cost is £20 per dog, per stay with a maximum of 3 dogs per booking.
23. The Customer is liable for any and all damage caused to the property and/or its fixtures/fittings howsoever caused by any pets knowingly allowed into the property by the Customer. The Customer should remove all traces (inside and out) from the Property of pet occupation before final departure. The Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Customer’s occupancy. The Customer must not allow pets in any bedrooms and bathrooms at any time, on beds or on any furniture within the Property and pets must not be left alone in the Property at any time. If the Customer breaches this clause The Owner (or his representative) may notify the Customer of the breach and if the Customer continues to breach this clause The Owner (or his representative) may make the Customer leave the Property before the end of the Holiday. If this happens the Customer shall be deemed to have cancelled The Booking and the Customer shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
24. If a Customer exceeds the stated number of dogs allowed at the Property, the Property Owner (or his representative) can refuse to allow the Customer to take possession of the Property or make the Customer leave the Property before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Customer shall be deemed to have cancelled The Booking and the Customer shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
25. Unless by specific prior arrangement by The Agent in writing, all Bookings entitle a Customer’s access to the property from no earlier than 4.00 p.m. on the arrival day.
26. In the event that prior guests leaving the property in a condition requiring additional housekeeping and/or repairs to fixtures and fittings which prevents the Customers full enjoyment of the property from 4:00pm on the day of arrival, every effort will be made by The Owner to complete and/or make good appropriate suitable works and repairs as quickly as possible. Neither the Owner nor The Agent will be considered or held responsible financially or otherwise for any delays caused in occupancy howsoever caused by prior Customers actions.
27. Unless by specific prior arrangement by The Agent in writing, the Customer must vacate the property by no later than 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure.
28. Neither mobile phone reception, nor Wi-Fi connection and/or speed of such can be guaranteed in any of our properties.
29. Lost Property: Please note, we charge a £15 (plus VAT if appropriate) administration fee, plus postage and packaging costs to return any left property. Please note items not claimed within 28 days will be disposed of.
30. All of our properties are NON Smoking – therefore smoking is not permitted anywhere in/on the property – including balconies, gardens, yards or parking areas. Additional charges will be made to cover deep cleaning costs and any loss of rental income if smoking is discovered in any of The Owners’ properties.
Please note: These conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by you at the time when you completed The Booking Form and or made your booking by telephone or email.